Conference Papers and Presentations
These presentations are still work in progress that have not been polished for publication. Feel free to consult them, but please contact me before citing them, in case I have a better version.
- “Jeremiah’s Death in the Vitae Prophetarum: A Christian Interpolation?” SBL Annual Meeting, San Antonio, November 19, 2016.
- “Biblical Myths and the Inversion Principle: A Reconsideration of Lévi-Strauss.” SBL Annual Meeting, San Antonio, November 20, 2016.
- “The Yahad between Exclusion and Inclusion: Confining the Boundaries of a Community through Legal Language.” Legal Theory and Jewish Law, Graduate Conference of the Center for Jewish Law, Kibbutz Tzuba, May 27, 2011.
- Organizer and Chair, “Separation as Condition and as Solution.” Noertheast Modern Language Association (NeMLA) Annual Convention, New Brunswick, April 7-10, 2011. [Call for Papers + Introductory comments]
- “The Development of Unintentional Homicide and the Asylum Towns Law.” SBL Annual Meeting, Boston, November 21, 2010. [draft]
- “A Triangle of Love and Power: Saul and Jonathan in David’s Lament.” Mid Atlantic Regional SBL Meeting, New Brunswick, N.J., March 12, 2010. [draft]
- “Imagery of Physical Pain in Eschatological Discourse of the Dead Sea Scrolls.” The Poetics of Pain: Aesthetics, Ideology and Representation, Dept of Comparative Literature at the Graduate Center, CUNY, February 25, 2010. [draft]
- “The Biblical Origins of the Concept of Intent in Qumran Legal Texts.” Jewish Law Association Conference sponsored with the Institute for Religion and Law, Fordham University School of Law, February 8, 2010.
- “Divine Governance in the Barkhi Nafshi Poems.” AJS 41st Annual Conference, Los Angeles, December 21, 2009. [draft]
- Respondent to Matthew Novenson, “How Messiah Language Meant in Jewish Antiquity.” New Testament Colloquium, Princeton Theological Seminary, November 2, 2009. [draft]
- “The Names of God in the Dead Sea Scrolls,” Fifteenth World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, August 3, 2009 (in Hebrew). [draft]
- “Pre-Marital Sexual Intercourse in Biblical Law and the Dead Sea Scrolls,” SBL Annual Meeting, Boston, November 24, 2008. [draft]
- “Enoch and Noah: Conflation, Dissociation and Parallelism of Protagonists,” The Second Enoch Graduate Seminar, Princeton, June 17, 2008. [draft]
- “Exegetical and Theological Motives in Early Christian Readings of the Balaam Narrative,” Prophecy, Oracles and Divination: Princeton-Oxford Colloquium, Princeton University, January 10, 2008. [draft]
- “The Significance of Virginity in Biblical Law and the Dead Sea Scrolls,” Judaic Studies Colloquium, Princeton University, April 18, 2007.
- “Numbers 24:9 and its Relation to Parallels in Genesis,” GIA (Graduate Interdisciplinary Approaches to the Biblical World) First Annual Symposium, Trinity College, Dublin, February 25, 2007. [draft]
- “Noah’s Relation to Enoch and the Question of Judaism(s) in the Second Temple Period,” Program in the Ancient World (PAW) Graduate Forum, Princeton University, October 23, 2006.
- “Interlacement of Biblical Quotations as a Stylistic Feature of the Hodayot Scroll,” Coffee Hour Lecture Series, Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Hebrew University, November 15, 2005 (in Hebrew). [draft + Powerpoint]